Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day Five.

Today wasn't my best day.  I came home to visit my parents yesterday because I just felt like I needed to, well apparently God was trying to tell me something.  Within two-three hours of me being here, my dog, Chloe, passed away.  She had been sick throughout the day and we're not 100% sure what happened, but there's the possibility that she got ahold of an animal like a mouse that had eaten poison.  Obviously, I was devastated and didn't sleep well, which isn't good during a diet.  I didn't fall back on my overeating when upset though, thank goodness.  I had a shake this morning and ended up sleeping most of the afternoon, so I missed my lunch shake. I had carrots and graham crackers this afternoon and ate chicken breast, corn and spaghetti with just light butter and parmesan cheese.

Anyways, I made it through the day and I'm glad for that.  I miss my puppy and I loved her and still do just as much as I have any person.  She was a beautiful, loving and extremely curious dog.  She was always happy to see me, her eyes even sparkled last night when I came home, which was the most excited she could get from being sick.  I'm glad I was able to say goodbye and I just need to remember that she's in a better place now and I need to go on with my life, because as much as I'd like to do something about it, there's nothing I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment